Our Newest San Antonio Location is Now Open!
Texas MedClinic's 13th San Antonio location is Now Open. This clinic is located at 2530 SW Military Road at the corner of Zaramora and SW Military. Patients can be seen Monday - Sunday, 8am to 11pm. Don't forget you can check-in online and save time for you next visit.
Why get a Flu Shot?
This season protect yourself and those around you by getting your annual Flu Shot. All Texas MedClinic locations have the flu vaccine available, including the High Dose vaccine for patients 65 and older. Getting your flu shot can reduce your risk of getting the flu and can protect those around you who are more at risk for contracting the flu. In addition, if you do get sick from the flu, the vaccine may make your illness less severe. Remember, even healthy people can get the flu!
Did you know*:
- That a recent study indicated that the flu vaccine reduced children’s risk of flu-related pediatric intensive care unit (PICU) admission by 74% during flu seasons from 2010-2012.
- Another study showed that getting the flu vaccine was associated with a 71% reduction in flu-related hospitalizations among adults of all ages during the 2011-2012 flu season.
- Flu vaccination also has been shown to be associated with reduced hospitalizations among people with diabetes (79%) and chronic lung disease (52%).
- Vaccination helps protect women during pregnancy and their babies for up to 6 months after they are born.
- A study that looked at flu vaccine effectiveness over the course of three flu seasons estimated that flu vaccination lowered the risk of hospitalizations by 61% in people 50 years of age and older.
All Texas MedClinics are stocked with the following Flu Vaccines:
- FluZone $25.00 - Recommend for patients 6 months of age and older.
- FluZone HD $54.00 –This vaccine provides additional protection against the flu and is recommended for patients that are 65 and older.
*These stats were taken from the CDC website: http://www.cdc.gov/flu/protect/keyfacts.htm#benefits
Due to DOT regulations, all DOT physicals must be performed by a physician who is a Certified Medical Examiner. Texas MedClinic has over 45 physicians who are listed on the National Registry of the Certified Medical Examiners for DOT physicals. These physicians have gone through training and have passed the certification exam. All DOT physicals at Texas MedClinic are now performed only by a physician who is a Certified Medical Examiner.
Click here for additional information regarding availability of this service and benefits of using Texas MedClinic for DOT Physicals.