It was so refreshing to see that no TX Med Clinic employee was sitting down. Everyone was bustling and moving.- Jenny P.
Drug & Alcohol Testing Services
Offering Comprehensive and Legally Defensible Drug Testing Solutions
According to the 2013 National Survey on Drug Use and Health, of adults aged 18 or older and employed full-time, 9.1% are current illicit drug users. For those employed part-time, 13.7% are current illicit drug users. This means that of the 22.4 million current illicit drug users aged 18 or older, 15.4 million (68.9%) are employed either full or part-time.*
Does Texas MedClinic offer drug testing services?
As the use of illegal substances and drug abuse in the workplace becomes more and more prevalent, employers are seeking solutions such as drug screen testing for job candidates. Texas MedClinic understands the importance of employment drug testing and offers comprehensive, professional, and legally defensible drug testing solutions. All of our clinics offer Department of Transportation (DOT) and Non-DOT drug tests, as well as drug test “collection only” services.
Employers and businesses alike have access to a range of pre-employment drug tests, each offering a unique set of benefits. Texas MedClinic is proud to provide convenient, on-site drug and alcohol testing for future candidates and current employees without the patient ever having to leave the clinic.
For information about the most recent US DOT drug test update, read our blog article on opioid drug screening.
Benefits of using Texas MedClinic for drug testing services:
- We use a National Institute of Drug Abuse (NIDA) approved lab for all drug testing services
- Each clinic has a designated area for performing drug testing
- Medical Review Officers are available to answer questions
- Staff is DOT-certified and thoroughly trained in drug testing services
- Client Service Representatives report results from drug tests, provide necessary documentation, and answer employer questions
Types of Substance Testing Services:
What to expect for drug and alcohol testing:
Texas MedClinic makes it a priority to ensure drug and alcohol testing procedures are convenient, affordable, and comfortable for our patients. Our providers and staff ensure the collection process is safe and protects your dignity and privacy.
Our on-site testing labs are generally the busiest in the very early mornings and then directly following general business hours, however, we have 24-hour clinics available and online check-in portal to make appointments at your convenience. Visits for drug and alcohol testing services, depending on how many patients are in line in front of you, should take approximately 20 to 30 minutes.
When preparing for your employment drug testing visit, you should bring:
- Treatment Authorization Form from employer or health care professional requesting the required laboratory testing
- A photo ID (i.e. driver’s license or employee identification)
- A current insurance identification card (if not covered by employer). Look up which insurance carriers are accepted at Texas MedClinic
- Credit card, debit card, or health spending account card (if not covered by employer)
Children must be supervised at all times at our labs. Please plan ahead for your visit.
Drug testing for legal or personal needs
To schedule a drug test for legal or personal needs, contact our Client Service Center at (210) 349-5577 x 7400. A representative will set up the testing and notify the clinic of your choice. Results will be reported to the donor, lawyer or court authority as requested.
*US Department of Health and Human Services – Results from 2013 National Survey on Drug Use and Health: Summary of National Findings.