Welcome Back BlueCross BlueShield of TX!
Effective Friday, July 1, 2016, Texas MedClinic will provide in-network access for urgent care medicine for the members of BlueCross and Blue Shield of Texas with the following plans:
- Par Plan
- HMO Blue Advantage
Their members can visit any one of our 17 locations throughout San Antonio, New Braunfels, Austin, or Round Rock. For more information, click here.
All Texas MedClinics are stocked with the following Flu Vaccines:
- FluVirin $25.00 - Recommend for patients 4 years of age and older.
- FluZone HD $54.00 –This vaccine provides additional protection against the flu and is recommended for patients that are 65 and older.
Why get a Flu Shot?
This season protect yourself and those around you by getting your annual Flu Shot. All Texas MedClinic locations have the flu vaccine available, including the High Dose vaccine for patients 65 and older. Getting your flu shot can reduce your risk of getting the flu and can protect those around you who are more at risk for contracting the flu. In addition, if you do get sick from the flu, the vaccine may make your illness less severe. Remember, even healthy people can get the flu!
Did you know*:
- That a recent study indicated that the flu vaccine reduced children’s risk of flu-related pediatric intensive care unit (PICU) admission by 74% during flu seasons from 2010-2012.
- Another study showed that getting the flu vaccine was associated with a 71% reduction in flu-related hospitalizations among adults of all ages during the 2011-2012 flu season.
- Flu vaccination also has been shown to be associated with reduced hospitalizations among people with diabetes (79%) and chronic lung disease (52%).
- Vaccination helps protect women during pregnancy and their babies for up to 6 months after they are born.
- A study that looked at flu vaccine effectiveness over the course of three flu seasons estimated that flu vaccination lowered the risk of hospitalizations by 61% in people 50 years of age and older.